Banana Peanutbutter Honey Cupcakes

 


Let me tell you something. One of the reasons I started this blog is that I wanted an excuse to make cupcakes each and every day. Now I realized I haven’t made a blog post on cupcakes even once in all this time. Maybe that is because my relationship to cupcakes has crackled a little. This is mainly due to the fact that ready-made boxes and sickly sweet versions of cupcakes can be found everywhere these days. Luckily, I have recovered my love to cupcake making by diving into these peanut butter, banana and honey clouds. I am so happy with this flavor combination; they are moist, not too sweet and have a certain earthy quality to them. All in all: yum. Also, I admit, I am not the best at piping on cupcake frosting. Maybe I will get better if I keep up the cupcake-each-and-everyday-routine from now on. Or maybe I won’t. Only thing that matters is that they are danging delicious!




Ingredients
230g soft butter
230g light brown muscovado sugar
4 eggs
pinch of nutmeg
2 very ripe bananas
230 all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Frosting

250g cream cheese
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2tbsp. confectioners’ sugar


Make the batter as always. Start by creaming the sugar and butter then add eggs one at a time,until everything is pale and creamy, and mix with flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Did I ever talk to you about how great it is to have eggs from happy free range or organically kept chickens? Think of these little happy chicks pecking away… . All right, mush up your bananas, incorporate into the mixture and slowly add the flour. I got 18 cupcakes out of this batter. Bake at 175°C for about 20 minutes.


Let cool completely. For me that meant placing them on the balcony, as it is colder than at Christmas here right now. Yeah. Mix together the ingredients for the frosting. I like cream cheese better than buttercream, as it is less sweet and somewhat fresher.



A good drizzle of honey on top – bam! Indulge!






2 comments:

  1. Hey Julia,

    was genau kommt denn jetzt ins Frosting?
    Die peanut butter kommt ja sicherlich in den Teig?! Oder doch nicht?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das tut mir Leid den Kommentar habe ich nicht eher gesehen! Wenn du diese Cupcakes doch noch mal versuchen solltest habe ich den Post jetzt verbessert - Erdnusbutter kommt ins Frosting!

      Delete