Rhubarb Cinnamon Cake



All right you guys, I need a break. I want a vacation. A real one. With lying on a beach, doing nothing – all day long. Only to indulge in great food and ruby red wine at the end of the day. And then starting the routine all over again the next day. Are you feelin me? I know you are. Unfortunately my vacation is still a week or so away. You might think: ok, stop whining, this is here in no time, really. What can I say, I never was good at waiting. Like ever. And it seems it is all I have been doing these past days. But the one thing that makes waiting easier, is building sandcastles in my mind. And planning what to eat on the trip. Like this great rhubarb cinnamon cake…oh, the fun we will have…





Ingredients
60g butter
380g light brown sugar
zest of 1 lemon (organic)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
300g all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
250ml sour cream
500g rhubarb cut into 2cm pieces
80g dark brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix the dark brown sugar with a teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside. Now, as with any good cake batter, cream the butter and sugar, with rubbed in vanilla and lemon zest, together, slowly incorporating the eggs. Add the baking powder and the cinnamon. Now stir in the sour cream and the flour by turns until everything is smooth and combined. Finally fold in the rhubarb pieces.



Fill the batter into a spring form and sprinkle thick with the dark brown sugar cinnamon topping. Bake at a 180°C for around 60 minutes. Enjoy this moist, dense and crumbly cake next to your sand castles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment