Baked poatoes with lemon



Well, yeah, this is not a cake. Or bread or even pizza. My excuse for this is that it was baked in the oven, like a cake would do...
Actually my excuse for this is that I am kinda under waters  with my still fairly new job and that sometimes I cannot, for the life of me, find the time and bake a cake on top of my usual cooking. So here I am, showing you one of my everyday-go-to-dinners.
And even though you can barely even call this cooking – I promise it is delish and gives you a happy ending on a hard day.
Also I am preparing for something marvelous. Two hints: raspberries and white chocolate. Just you wait and see. 



Ingredients

500g new and small potatoes
2 onions
4-5 garlic cloves
2 lemons (preferably organic)
olive oil
salt, pepper and some hot paprika
250g. curd cheese
200g sour cream
fresh basil
fresh cilantro
fresh peppercress
Olive oil
splash of lemon juice
salt and pepper

Quarter the potatoes, onions and lemons. Peel and slightly crush the garlic gloves. Put everything into a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, spices and toss and turn. Almost no work at all, lovely.  


Preheat the oven to 200°C and roast for about 30 minutes. 


Mix the cream and the curd, cut up the herbs and stir everything  together with rest of the ingredients. Done. Enjoy your meal, preferably outside. The lemons become soft and sticky, as well does the garlic – so they perfect to dip your potatoes in. Just indulge in spicy carbs…you know you love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment