Homemade Granola

 


In the light of the recent tragedy that happened in Connecticut, but also in the light of the tragedies that happen daily in our world, I just need to remind myself that love too is there all around us. There is nothing more humbling to me when such terrible and hateful crimes are answered with love. I cannot even think of how I would react and I am endlessly grateful that my family and I have been spared from such heartache. At Christmas please keep your family and friends close, show love and compassion and maybe make them a batch of homemade granola so that they can taste your love too. And if you, like me, need an emotional upper when things like these happen, take a look at this




Ingredients

150g fine oatflakes
150g wholegrain oatflakes
50g shredded coconut
40g brown (or any other) sugar
50g roughly chopped almonds
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
75ml sunflower seed oil
50g runny Honey


Mix all the dry ingredients together, then thoroughly stir in the wet ingredients until everything is well combined.



Spread out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes, but stir a little after ten minutes in the oven, because it scorches easily.  
Have good start in the last week before Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment