Jam Doughnut Cupcakes



And whoops, there it is, New Year’s Eve. I certainly admit having an obsession with Christmas, and probably any other Holidays, but New Year’s Eve or Day just has never cut it for me. Too much expectations and lame parties, which end up in a horrific hangover day. Nope, not for me.
But since I got older, there is one tradition around New Year’s Day that I could get accustomed too – cozy dinner evenings with good friends with fun games and champagne and fizzy drinks at midnight. And some firework watching of course (only with an umbrella over my head though, cause I am terrified, not joking).
Oh, and there is one other thing I love about this Holidays – Berliner Krapfen. These are basically jam or cream filled doughnuts which are a traditional treat at New Year’s Day. I already ate four of them yesterday. I am not going to apologize. Fried dough with sugar and cream and jam
yum.
This is a little more sophisticated twist on these goodies.
Happy New Year my friends, let it be a good one!



Ingredients

Cake Batter
155g plain white flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. instant yeast
115g plain white sugar
125ml full-fat milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Filling and Icing
Jam, any you like
Butter, melted
Sugar mixed with cinnamon

Make a batter by mixing the dry ingredients first, than mixing in the rest. Let sit for a few minutes for the yeast to react a little (although this is clearly not a firm, yeasty dough but a fluid cupcake batter). Than fill 12 cupcake baking molds with half of the batter. Spoon in a good amount of the jam you are using. I totally used apple calvados jam, because I am fancy. If anything you should be fancy on New Year’s Eve. Top the jam with the rest of the batter and let bake in a 180°C oven for about 15 minutes.  


Spread the melted butter on top of the cupcakes and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm. Enjoy and get another glass of champagne!


No comments:

Post a Comment